Monday 12 January 2015

2015 Resolutions!!

Hi Pals!!

Oh my word....
I am the worst blogger in history! Sorry for being away for so long folks!! Life has been crazy, you know when you are so stressed and you have been so busy but you have no idea why you are stressed or why you have been so busy....? no...? Well this is awkward!
I think for the most part I have been battling with my health a lot so that stresses me out but I won't go into detail because ya know~private~ anyway enough babbling, I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas and New Year!!

Can you believe that it is twenty fifteen already?! Crazy.
I have no idea where 2014 went. Seriously.
I think 2014 was a very crucial year for me. I felt as though I grew a lot as a person and that the strength and bond of my relationship with my partner Josh became so solid and that we both grew together and our connection was made a whole lot deeper. I think moving country with someone will do that, I feel it is one of those make or break things and we made it!

Moving country was a huge milestone for not only our relationship but also our lives. Australia is great! I have been loving the difference it has made on my life. I have been able to take a step back and really review myself as a person. By moving I realized that a lot of things I thought were really important to me just weren't actually important at all. Friends for example, I realized after I moved that I really don't have many! Honestly 4 people kept in contact with me after I moved. One of those people was my mother.

That really hit home for me, I mean I knew a lot of the people I called my "friends" didn't really give a damn but moving away really highlighted that. I had around 800 friends on facebook and I only kept in contact with a miniscule amount. This oddly enough  makes me happy, I was able to rid myself of any "toxic" relationships and get rid of the fakes and the leeches and really apply myself to the people who do matter. In fact I had one of the most magical moments of my life in 2014 and that was getting to celebrate the union of two of my best friends getting married! And that's what it is all about, I really learnt that friendships are about quality not quantity.

I learnt self respect, that I had to put myself first more often, that it isn't my sole responsibility to always be the one in control to maintain relationships or to have everything organized for everyone else. I was allowed to be a little selfish and put my feet up and say the forbidden word; "no"
No is a word I had always shied away from saying "no" doesn't make you popular to toxic people but it does keep you sane. I think sanity should always come before popularity and its a shame so few people don't realize this. I have seen far to many people ruin their lives from their inability to say that simple two lettered word. Just say it and save yourself some braincells and the need for premature burials.

In 2014 I learnt just how I cope under pressure and I honestly surprised myself. It really was a year for trials for us. We had a huge list of things go wrong right from the get go and somehow managed to pull through every time with very little tears.

I learnt just how big the capacity of love is and that sometimes a cuddle is all you need.

I learnt that your body the single most important thing you have and it needs respect. That in order for your mind and body to stay happy you need to put only the good stuff in, Healthy food, Plenty of water, exercise, good thoughts and love.

I learnt that "beauty" is a marketing ploy and that you don't need the latest fashions or to spend a billion dollars on silly pore clogging products to be beautiful because that isn't  what beauty is. Beauty is your personality. Beauty is your smile. Beauty is your ability to look past someones flaws and see them for what/who they truly are. Beauty is appreciating your surroundings with childlike wonder. Beauty is kissing with your eyes closed, Beauty is staying up late and talking about nothing just because you want to fall asleep with their voice being the last thing on your mind. Beauty really is more that what the eye can see. It is all the little things that make you tick, that make you, you the beautiful person that you are, so unique, this amazing bright shining light that without you this world would be that slight bit duller without. I learnt that although I have never been happy with how I look that I to am beautiful because I can see the beauty in others.

At the start of 2014 Josh and I wrote down our goals for the year:
  • Get Fit and Healthy
  • Find Job, house and car.
  • Finish sleeve (josh)
  • Save $100 per week
  • have date nights
  • Get pet/s
  • enjoy our new chapter together.
I personally feel we did really well with all of these except the saving $100 and date nights. We struggled to stay on our feet financially for the last part of the year. From October onwards was tough for us. The trip to Rarotonga was a huge financial blow for us (we wouldn't have missed it for the world though!) as we spent all our savings on the trip and right before we left both the cars broke down and then we got FLOODED with bills and it has been a struggle ever since to get back into the comfort zone we had ourselves in. As for the date nights I think that goes hand in hand with the whole being broke things although to be fair we do spend all of our down time together and to me that is a lot more special than blowing all our money on wine and dining!

For 2015 we also sat down and wrote this years goals. I think it is important to set goals together, it gives to something to work towards together and really ensure you include each other. So this years goals are as follow:
  • New Jobs 
  • Puppy/Kitten ;)
  • Keep up with YouTube ( I have a channel now that you can view here!)
  • Get new car
  • New houseware
  • save money
  • Holiday
So those are our joint goals and as a private goal for myself I am to continue to improve myself and listen to my body.
 I would love to hear your goals or how you found 2014.

I hope you are all staying happy and safe!
Stay crafty you foxes!

Serena
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment